lets think my real world.
i build a (very) complex tree of objects - the model of the
application data and relations within.
i express this model in some "language", implicitly or explicitly,
then, automaticaly (or almost-), map this model into set of db
tables, constraints etc. and this is done opaque, i.e. i do not care
what they will look like as long as they function as i have
requested.

Now the model changes. So i do re-build the mapping, eventualy easy
getting another set of tables constraints etc. So now i will have
both old and new models, old and new mappings, and old and new set of
db-stuff (SA metadata). and i will have to convert stuff from old to
new ((or simulate it where gone missing).

i think managing the first two would take more than enough
horsepowers, and i'll have nothing left to manage the last one.
Can "migrate" do (most of) that for me? i vote yes. (-:)

Apart of that at every start of the app it should gather what the
current metadata in the database was, and compare it to the one it is
going to use _now. And if they dont match... trigger a migrate?

svil