On Monday 02 July 2007 00:45:18 Eric Ongerth wrote:
> Well, there ought to be more Bravos and Congratulations on this
> thread.  I only held back figuring others would pile on well
> enough. Or maybe most of the polymorphists out there are gleefully
> silent about what they're brewing up.
>
> Thanks for the insight.  Wish I'd thought of it earlier too.
> Funny, though; only three weeks after this came up, I'm replacing
> most of my more complicated uses of polymorphism with more of a
> 'vertical tables' approach.

can u explain a bit to one of the "polymorhists" :-)
i mean, i dont give a shit if its polymunion or else, i just want my
class tree to go into sql and then get it back sanely.

so far i see that if i have inheritance A-B-C-D, this approach works;
but if i have A-B-C and B-D, or A-B-C and A-D-E, i can't see how.
or i am not understanding something?

ta
svil