--On 6. Juli 2007 11:15:38 -0400 Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 6, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

I have a self-referential mapper where a view is involved within a
primaryjoin of a relation. Traversing a tree represented through
the mapper generates a bunch of UPDATE operations on the view (no
idea why
so far) although only SELECT operations are used during the query.
However views in Postgres are read-only. The error message is

also I would note that SQLAlchemy never issues any updates/inserts/
deletes of any kind unless flush() is explicitly called (or a
SessionTransaction is committed).

Right, but SA is integrated into the transaction system of Zope
in our environment so a ZODB commit/abort will trigger a flush(), commit()
operation on the SA level.

-aj