On Jul 15, 2007, at 6:33 PM, SamDonaldson wrote:

> Ok.  This did not work and I dug this thread where you had a
> discussion on this.  It seems like this was fixed in sqlalchemy and
> you were calling rollback twice which caused this issue.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/
> 9412808e695168ea/c31f5c967c135be0?lnk=raot
>
> Unfortunately the symptoms are the same but I wanted to run by some
> connection code that I'm using to get a connection and start a
> transaction to check whether this could potentially cause any issues.
> Note that this decorator is called on any method running sql.  It
> basically wraps the function by creating the connection and then
> closing it.

that issue would occur if youre accessing mysql in several threads
simultaneously (and also, if that exact issue still existed which it
does not).  you said that this problem occurs after a few hours of
idle time, which is the opposite condition.  are you observing the
issue immediately when you use a threaded load test ?