What do you mean by a model? If you are talking about an instance of a
mapped class, you could try something like this (untested):

def model_to_dict(instance):
    model_dict = {}
    for propname in instance.mapper.props:
        model_dict[propname] = getattr(instance, propname)
    return model_dict

Note that if you have relations to other mapped classes this will put
instances of those other classes in the dict. If you don't want that,
you could check to see if the result of the getattr is a mapped class
and call the function recursively. But you'd probably also need to check
for circular references, and treat x-to-many relationships specially.

Simon