Anton V. Belyaev ha scritto:

>> again, im not opposed to this feature and ill patch in an adequate
>> (and fully unit-tested) implementation.  but have you actually ever
>> *had* this problem?  or is it just hypothetical ?
>>

> For example, a developer modifies the metadata and checks in. Another
> developer updates and finds strange problems, having the old database.

Then, a SQL script to migrate the database schema should be provided
with the check-in...

Please, don't believe SQLAlchemy will help you win the Viet Nam war of
computer science (*).
It's supposed to help us survive. And it's a lot.

I'm happily using autoload since the beginning, I've never used the
Table() construct if not to replicate a couple of bugs and submit them.
And I think my applications are simpler because of it, not in spite of
it :-)

http://blogs.tedneward.com/2006/06/26/The+Vietnam+Of+Computer+Science.aspx
http://spyced.blogspot.com/2006/02/why-schema-definition-belongs-in.html
(with comments from Mike Bayer, Ian Bicking and others)