Hi gang -

The documentation for 0.4 is undergoing tremendous changes, and is now
released, in its almost-there format, at http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/
.  The goal with these docs is not just to update to new 0.4
paradigms, but to also raise the bar for accuracy and clarity.

Of major note is that the datamapping and sql construction sections,
as well as the old tutorial, have been entirely replaced by two new
and very comprehensive tutorials, one targeted at ORM and the other at
SQL Expression Language.  Both have no prerequisites to start, they
each can be the first thing you ever read about SQLAlchemy.  Both are
also fully executable doctest format, so they are guaranteed not to
have my usual array of mistakes.

Also here is a rewritten "mapper configuration" document to replace
"advanced datamapping".  It includes clearer, up-to-date, and more
correct examples of virtually every major mapper pattern we have,
including all the new stuff like dynamic relations.

With recently updated "engine" and "metadata" sections, the only major
section left is "sessions", which already includes information about
the new "autoflush" and "transactional" sessions, as well as two-phase
and SAVEPOINT recipes...I hope to simplify some of the older content
here as well as standardize on the new "sessionmaker" function and its
cousin, "scoped_session", which replaces SessionContext as well as
assignmapper (both are deprecated in 0.4).

I hope everyone can check out the docs, come back with feedback/
corrections/questions, and start getting ready for 0.4 !

- mike