On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Alexandre CONRAD wrote:

>> But also, if you want to say Session(), then work with it, that is
>> also the intended usage model, although the Session.xxx methods
>> should in theory be all you need.
>
> Why should I instantiate session = Session() if everything off the
> class
> is directly available ?

because you would have written some application that doesnt use
scoped_session, and says Session() all over the place.  then you add
scoped_session in at the configuration level, but no code needs to
change.  so it makes code portable between scoped/non-scoped.

> Basicly, it crashes when the mapper is taken from the Session object
> *after* it got instantiated. It works fine before.

its because you are renaming the "Session" class to be your session
instance and overwriting the class with a local variable; the code is
wrong in both cases.  you should leave "Session" hanging around as
your Session class.  when you instantiate, call it something
different, usually "session".

> Don't forget to answer my question: "What are the benefits of
> instantiating a Session object ?". Actually, I just feel better
> working
> *with* a instantiated object.

you just answered it....