Arun Kumar PG wrote:
> All tables are having a charset of utf8. Additionally, I am issuing SET
> NAMES 'utf8' statement as a part of connection establishment.
>
> Anything that is wrong here or missing ?

Are you updating the connection character set in the driver as well
after issuing SET NAMES?  It sounds like you might be out of sync and
the driver is still trying to convert unicode with its default character
set.

It'd be something like dbapi_con.set_character_set('utf8'), and I'm
pretty sure that will also issue a basic SET NAMES for you behind the
scenes.