Hi all,

This is sort of a general db question I was wondering about. So, I'm
trying to write a small blog system (not using the mapper, only sql
queries written on my own until now) and I am not sure:

Say, I want to show one blog post and all the comments for that blog
entry (one-to-many). I know the post_id (from the get-parameter of the
request). Is it faster to do:

a) 2 separate select-queries? One query going like:
"SELECT * from blog_posts WHERE post_id = my_post_id"
and the other sth. like
"SELECT * from comments WHERE parent_id = my_post_id".

b) one join-query? Joining the two tables over my_post_id, so I only
need 1 sql-query?

I'd appreciate some help, since I don't have all that much db-
experience.

Cheers, Martin