Alexandre Conrad wrote:
> Dear SQLAlchemy users,
>
> I am pleased to announce the first release of FormAlchemy !

I use reflected tables and I wanted to check out FormAlchemy as a
candidate for generating quick forms for maintaining my tables through
the web.

Here is my little test (using the code from the formalchemy trunk):

import sqlalchemy as sa
import formalchemy as fa
import mymodel
session = sa.create_session()
client = session.query(mymodel.Client).get_by(clientid='aclient')
html = fa.FieldSet(bind=client).render()

And that's it.  The string 'html' now contains the html for all the
fields in my Client object with the values populated from the selected
client.  And all of this without having to re-declare the form fields
in some other class -- FormAlchemy figured the relevant field types by
introspection.

Or I can render the html one field at a time if I want to have more
control over the layout of the form, like this:

html = fa.FieldRender(bind=client, column='email').render()

Nicely done, Alexandre!  I see you are already planning to support
input validation.  Are you thinking of supporting alternate layouts
such as a table grid?

Thanks,
Bill