Hi Michael,

Do you remember this thread ? :   http://tinyurl.com/2c5tzc

We have recently upgraded SA from 0.3.7 (with firebird.py modified by
ourself) to 0.3.10, and we got this exception:

"Updated rowcount 1 does not match number of objects updated 2"

After some research, we found out that firebird.py has 2
supports_sane_rowcount methods: one from FBExecutionContext class and
other from FBDialect.... and the FBExecutionContext's method is the
one who should return False...

The fix from [2642] is in FBDialect's method...

I apologize for taking to long to spot this error. We were in a hurry
to solve the problem described by [1] that we couldn't wait for the
release of 0.3.8 (we patched firebird.py) ... so the wrong fix from
[2642] wasn't noticed by us...

BTW, I couldn't understand the role of FBDialect.sane_rowcount... It's
like it doesn't make any difference its return value... what matter is
the FBExecutionContext's method....

I hope there will be a 0.3.11 release with the right fix.. until then,
we have patched firebird.py again..   (that's the beauty of the open
source philosophy)   :)

Cheers,

Roger