On Sep 11, 2007, at 5:34 AM, KyleJ wrote:

> I get the same result with this in 0.3.10 and 0.4beta5....
>
> Basic idea: I have two tables which hold various data and a third
> table which let's different rows in each table be related to another
> (many-to-many relationship).

as far as the way youre doing it below, you dont need foreign_keys
when using the "secondary" table....however, since your secondary
table has its own identity as well as other columns, its not feasable
as a secondary table.  So at the very least, you want to be using the
"association object" pattern described at http://www.sqlalchemy.org/
docs/04/mappers.html#advdatamapping_relation_patterns_association .

but beyond that, it seems like youre trying to do a polymorphic
association.  This isnt a built-in feature of SA but I do have a blog
entry describing both ActiveRecord's approach (sort of like what
youre doing here) as well as a version that maintains referential
integrity:  http://techspot.zzzeek.org/?p=13 .

- mike