> Im not sure about creation, but I've not had any problems using
> cross-schema foreign keys, relations, joins and so forth using
> SQLAlchemy 0.3 and PostgreSQL.

..and of course the test case I wrote up to show the problem worked fine.

Turns out the issue was in the PK declaration for the table in the alternate
schema...I was assuming that the sequence for that table should be created
in the schema as well, so I was prefixing the schema name on the Sequence()
object. SA creates the sequence in the public schema, but with
the prefix on the sequence name, and then can't find it during the join.
Removing the bogus prefix makes everything play nice.

Pilot error, sorry for the noise..