is the folder empty? if it is the install didn't work regardless of what
the output says.  I would delete the egg, and also edit easy_install.pth
to remove the reference to it and try to reinstall it again with
easy_install -U sqlalchemy
if that doesn't work make sure that there is a reference to the egg in
your easy_install.pth file
Jose