Hi Glauco

On 9/27/07, Glauco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> how can i know the correct name of a table compiled into qry   that SA
> has automatically aliased?
>
> for example:
> a join b join c join d..
>
> sqlalchemy has created something like
>
> select blabla
> from a AS anon_b406
> join.....
>

> when i try to put into an "order by a"
> obviously the qry goes wrong.
>
> invalid reference to FROM-clause entry for table "a"

Does your question has any relation with the patch that allows
ordering or related objects's attributes ?  ;)

If so, I think I know what you are doing wrong... you must use Query's
 .join() or .outerjoin() method. Like that:

session.query(ObjectA).join('property_b').order_by(ObjectB.c.foobar)

Where 'foobar' maps to the column from B table which you want to use
to sort your data...

> Thank's
> Glauco

HTH..