On Oct 10, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Eric Lemoine wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. So basically you're saying that this
> RuntimeWarning is harmless, aren't you?

yeah, its a warning and not an error since its not necessarily
anything "wrong".

> Are you suggesting that I should add Geometry to postgres.py for my
> specific need, or that support for this Postgres (PostGIS actually)
> type should be added to SQLAlchemy?

i was suggesting, but now that I read about PostGIS maybe the
suggestion changes slightly, that any type description coming back
from a postgres database should be reflected in postgres.py itself,
so yes that would be a change to SA itself.  But since this type is
coming back as a result of an "extended" postgres, then maybe either
some extension to postgres.py as well, or maybe we just leave it as
is :) .