Trying to fix the NumericTest (testtypes.py) for firebird backend, I
came to this patch for FBNumeric:

+    def bind_processor(self, dialect):
+        return None
+
+    def result_processor(self, dialect):
+        if self.asdecimal:
+            return None
+        else:
+            def process(value):
+                if isinstance(value, util.decimal_type):
+                    return float(value)
+                else:
+                    return value
+            return process

This made the test run fine... but, when I looked for the
implementation for the other databases, I noticed Oracles's numeric
type (OracleNumeric) doesn't do this "float(value)" conversion, unlike
Postgres's version (PGNumeric), which does...

Why is that ? Doesn't Oracle have a FLOAT type too ?

I also noticed that the CREATE TABLE statement for FB is always
creating NUMERIC type  columns for those declared as Float()... Is
that desired ? Shouldn't they be created as FLOAT ?

Cheers,

Roger