On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:18 AM, Brendan Arnold wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i'm trying to construct a query using the or_ function as follows,

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<console>", line 1, in ?
> AttributeError: type object 'Sample' has no attribute 'name'

seems like you are calling this before your mappers have been
configured, or if on an earlier 0.4 beta, before the mappers have
been compiled. ensure youre on release 0.4, about midway through the
betas we added the capability for <mappedclass>.<mappedattribute> to
trigger a mapper compilation (i.e. a compile_mappers()).  otherwise,
try to send a reproducing test case since the above issue should not
occur.