Mike,

use mapper.get_property(name) and mapper.iterate_properties().   I've
> considered removing "properties" as a public accessor since it serves
> no useful purpose.

This doesn't work for me - the following code outputs:

[Column('id', Integer(), primary_key=True, nullable=False)]
[Column('val', String(length=None,convert_unicode=False))]

I can do a test case without Elixir if needed, but I don't think that will
change the result.

from sqlalchemy import *
from elixir import *

__metadata__ = MetaData('mssql://./test')

class Paj(Entity):
    val = Field(String)

class Bob(Entity):
    paj = ManyToOne(Paj, primary_key=True, backref='bob')
    silly = Field(Integer)

for a in Paj.mapper.iterate_properties:
    print a.columns

Paul