I am using sqlalchemy 0.4 in a Pylons project using the idiom as
described in the 'in-a-hurry' wiki document on the Pylons wiki:

I import a ScopedSession object from the model file in my controllers
and libraries as dbsession.

Most operations on dbsession work as if dbsession were an actual
session object.

This however does not work:

if self not in dbsession:
    dbsession.save(self)

It raises exceptions.TypeError: iterable argument required

Testing if an object exists in the session requires a call to
dbsession to get the actual session:

if self not in dbsession():
   dbsession.save(self)

Is it possible and/or desirable to support iteration on ScopedSession
to make it even more transparent?