Hi Marco,

There is a DB2 driver in the works, but I haven't heard much noise about it
lately, so I don't know what kind of progress is being made.

As for supported drivers, the three engines you mention are all supported, I
think that PG is probably has better test coverage than either Oracle or
MSSQL, and probably Oracle more than MSSQL. The pymssql Dialect for MSSQL
has been working for me, but it has somewhat poor test coverage.  For the
best test coverage, I would stick with Sqlite, MySQL and Postgresql - I
think those are the current set of 'gold standard' tests are are checked
before releases.

and as regards SSL, there is no direct support by SA, that's going to happen
via the DBAPI module. Note that pymssql (or any MSSQL driver) is not going
to work with SSL on *nix -- it's not supported by the underlying FreeTDS
library. I have no idea what the story is with Oracle or PG -- it's going to
depend on SSL support in their associated DBAPI modules.

Rick