I am having issues creating a read-only column using column_property.
I have a phone table that has the columns: id, country_code, number,
and deleted.  I want to have an international column which will be set
to True or False (or 1 or 0) depending on the value of the
country_code.  Provided below is the snippet of code to work with:

phone_table = Table('phones', metadata,
    Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True),
    Column('country_code', String(5)),
    Column('number', String(20)),
    Column('deleted', Boolean, default=False),
)

class Phone(object):
    pass

# international gets set to True or None which isn't intended
# also the session is from turbogears.database import session
session.mapper(Phone, phone_table, properties={

'international':column_property((phone_table.c.country_code=='1').label('international'))
})

I'm not sure if this is a Turbogears issue or SQLAlchemy issue but the
international field is always None when I do the following: I
instantiate a Phone object, populate the attributes, session.save the
instantiated Phone object, session.flush, and then query the new Phone
object.