Hi,

>I've just noticed a remaining problem with the pyodbc/inserts with
>triggers/scope_identity()/set nocount on/nextset() thing ;-) (it's
>still a workaround if I understand correctly?)

scope_identity is expected to be a permanent solution. The "set nocount
on" is a bit of a hack and will ideally be removed some day. If you
comment it out at the moment, it causes 12 additional unit tests
failures, so a bit of work is needed to do this cleanly.

>new version, which keeps jumping as long as there are errors:

Looks good to me, and doesn't cause any additional unit tests to fail.
Committed in 3819.

Paul