On Nov 27, 2007, at 3:04 AM, icct wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is there a way to make RowProxy use fully qualified column names like
> "table.column"
> as keys?
> Even if i explicitly label column with "as" in query, RowProxy chops
> off anything till last
> dot in label.

the reason for that is because in sqlite, if you say "SELECT t2.col3,
t2.col4 FROM t2", cursor.description reports the column names as
u't2.col3', u't2.col4', instead of 'col3' and 'col4' like every other
DBAPI would.......so we truncate against the dot.

I did a little testing and I'm not even sure how you'd even make a
label with a dot in it;  all three of sqlite, postgres, and mysql
raise a syntax error if you try to say "select colname AS
tablename.colname from tablename", so thats a pretty decent clue that
its not supported by SQL.