I am trying to do a select on the results an ORM subquery.

The following query is prepared in one part the program
query = session.query(Taggable).filter (....)

Elswere I try to get the unique names associated with all previously
selected
Taggable obects.

names.select (exists ([names.c.id],
                       and_(names.c.id == obj_tags.c.name_id,
                                obj_tags.c.parent_id==Taggable.c.id ,
                                Taggable.c.id in query)

Unfortunately, I have not found the solution to the marked expression,
which I think can be expressed as a subquery.

Is this possible?  Is there a way to pull the select expression out of
the ORM
query object?