hi Samuel -

a DateTime, meaning a sqlalchemy.types.DateTime ?  thats not a date-
holding object, its a TypeEngine object which describes a date-holding
database column.  from the code sample below I dont see how that could
be returned since res.fetchone().changed would be the actual contents
of a result-row column named "changed".

if we're talking about mxDateTime or simlar I'd ask what DBAPI youre
using.