On Dec 17, 2007, at 1:33 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> yes and no, as i said i'm replacing the __dict__ with something
> special; so
> its IA riding on top of me (;-) but otherwise its that. no renaming,
> i dont
> want someone (thats can be me, later) to be able to workaround
> either me or SA.

then have your magic __dict__ implement the same "save committed on
change" behavior as the attributes package.  and of course test on
every SA release since youre welded to internal behavior:

def my_magic_dict_set_something(dict, key, value):
     if key not in dict['_state'].committed_state:
         dict['_state'].committed_state[key]  = _the_old_value
     dict[key] = value