Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was finally able to spend a little time on the Firebird backend, and
> I'm glad to say that I'm currently down to this test summary:
 > [...]
>  C. a few tests don't use an explicit ordering, and assume that the
>     result of a select without an "ORDER BY" matches the insert order;
>     under Firebird I notice an intermittent behaviour, and in some
>     cases (expecially under load) this is not true.

These tests should eventually all be fixed- I've been fixing them as
they crop up for me and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.
There's two approaches- add ordering to the query, or remove the
ordering dependency from the test assertion.  Where ever reasonable I've
been doing the latter to eliminate side effects.

>  D. to my surprise, a self-reference foreign key on a table needs
>     either "ON DELETE CASCADE" or "ON DELETE SET NULL" to allow the
>     testsuite to delete its content in the tearDown step with a simple
>     "DELETE FROM table" statement; one spot of this is fixed by the
>     following::

I've added a basic rewriter for these FKs in r3959.  If that needs to be
applied more narrowly, it's easy to make it conditional on a Table test
pragma that can be applied to only the tables that need it.  (That'll
make sense if you're looking at the testing.schema.Table function.)

MySQL's innodb has a similar issue in the tests but I've been away from
mysql too long to nail a fix on the first try- working around the innodb
bug is still a todo.