i have such thing implemented externaly but it is definitely not nice (read:
tricky and underground) - replacing the __dict__ with something handmade
that does what i say as i say if i say. that's dbcook's reflector for my
static_type structures; look in dbcook/usage/static_type if interested. and
it is now broken with the latest instance_state handling mechanism.

another, similar or not, feature i needed while doing dbcook, was a
readonly/loadonly mapper; i.e. a mapper for a sort-of intermediate
base-class which should not have its own instances; only subclasses may have
instances/DB-footprint. That i made via MapperExt, throwing at
before_insert/update/delete.