On Dec 21, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:

> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/sqlalchemy_types.html
>
> Is there a reason why I can define my column with
> Integer or INTEGER
> but not
> Decimal,Text,Blob etc.
>
> Shouldn't there be some kind of consistency? Either Capitalized
> letters or ALLCAPS, or Both on all types.
> Unless there is a reason why this is made like this.

captialized refers to a SQL standard type, whereas non-capitalized is
a "generic" type that may resolve differently on different database
backends.  so for Decimal we have "Numeric", for Blob we have "Binary".

we should have "Text" and not TEXT in the base since TEXT does not
compile to TEXT on all platforms...added ticket #912 for that.