Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the enlightenment.

In this case, I think the SQLAlchemy 0.4 documentation needs a little
update: under section "Using SQL Expressions with Sessions" (http://
www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/session.html#unitofwork_sql) --

Session = sessionmaker(bind=engine, transactional=True)
sess = Session()
result = sess.execute("select * from table where id=:id", {'id':7})

Shouldn't the sess.execute(...) line become --

result = sess.execute(text("select * from table where id=:id"), {'id':
7})

Thanks.

Jerry