phasma wrote:
>> What character set is the db-api driver using?  Try:
>>
>>  >>> engine.connect().connection.character_set_name()
>>
>> If it's not utf8, you can configure the driver by adding 'charset=utf8'
>> to your database url.
>
> I add charset='utf-8' to 'create_engine' function, but before send
> data(from query) to mako i need decode string from UTF-8 ...
>
> How can i do that automatically(decoding) ?

Use the Unicode column type in your table declarations for these
columns, or for global behavior you can add convert_unicode=True to your
create_engine() arguments (not the url).

With this driver you can also get some increased efficiency by having it
do the Unicode translation.  If all you've added to the engine URL is
'charset' it should already be in Unicode mode- try adding
'use_unicode=1' to the url as well if you're not getting Unicode strings
from queries.  Full info:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/sqlalchemy_databases_mysql.html

Cheers,
Jason