Thanks Mike,

I've got my local visit_select() a bit munged-up right now with an
implementation of OFFSET, so I'm going to wait a bit on this. In the
meantime, a follow-up:

Not every MSSQL subquery needs to be aliased, only when the subquery is used
as a derived table, as the SA implementation of select.count() does. Is it
safe to alias all subqueries (for example, those used by EXISTS & etc.),

or, is there some flag that select.count() sets that the aliasing code could
check,

or would it make more sense to have select.count() check a Dialect-specific
flag like 'derived_tables_require_alias' and do the aliasing there?

> also i noticed the usage of a kwarg 'mssql_aliased' which seems to be
> referenced nowhere.

Looks to me as if the kwarg is being used as a flag to avoid recursion into
the visit_table() method. It may not be needed anymore, I'm not up on all
the whens and hows of how the visitor pattern threads though all its calls
for the Dialects.