On Feb 14, 2:06 pm, Richard Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 5:13 pm, Waldemar Osuch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 13, 8:03 pm, Richard Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I should have been clearer: how is ID generation done when
> there is no sequence assigned to the column?

Then my guess is that the generation does not happen and you have
to provide the value of the ID yourself.
One could have an insert trigger doing the work but then SA
would not know about the new ID and you would have to flush, clear
and requery before being able to add related record.

Any particular reason you do not want to specify the Sequence
in the definition?

Anyway enough with the guesses.
Time for an expert to step in :-)