On Mar 7, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Andrew Stromnov wrote:

> Currently all sharded queries executed against every shard
> sequentially. I have eight shards, and rather slow mysql servers. And
> I want to implement parallel execution of this requests and combine
> their answers together (аs in ShardedQuery). Is it possible?

You'd have to open up ShardedQuery and modify it for your own
purposes.   If you browse the source you'll see that the whole
shard.py module is about 80 lines of code and has minimal awareness of
core SA internals, so it should be pretty straightforward to work with.

Alternatively you could forego using shard.py altogether and just use
distinct Session objects which execute in a similarly parallelized
fashion.  The few people I know of using SA in a clustered environment
are just doing it that way, which is uglier within application code
but keeps the reality of the server environment very
explicit....fairly typical for a highly optimized system.

If you are going with an 8-server horizontally scaled approach, which
seems pretty aggressive performance-wise, its probably worth it to
look into improving the efficiency of the actual database servers as
well...MySQL is usually extremely fast with single-table queries.