Well, I dont think anything exotic caused this downtime.  Looks pretty
much like Django user traffic was suddenly pointed at the website via
Michael Trier's blog and some child processes got hung.   So we
basically got Django'ed :)

The site is just a 256 meg slicehost running four hosts on only four
child apache procs running, so if our traffic is starting to hit the
next level i might need to up it to 512....