On Mar 29, 11:02 am, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2008, at 7:56 PM, john spurling wrote:
>
> > I added debugging to get id(session) and len(list(session)). The
> > session id is unique every time, and len(list(session)) is 0. I also
> > called session.clear() before using it. Unfortunately, the caching
> > behavior persists.
>
> > Any other suggestions? Thank you very much for your time and help!
>
> if its zero, then the Session isnt caching.  Something is going on
> HTTP/process-wise.

Could it be that because Apache is a multi process web server (on
UNIX), that OP is getting confused through subsequent requests
actually hitting a different process.

That said, sqlalchemy as I understood it was meant to deal with that,
ie., change made from one process should be reflected in another
process straight away upon a new query, ie., cached data should be
replaced. Is it possible that what ever insures that has been
disabled.

OP should perhaps print out os.getpid() so they know which process is
handling the request each time. This may help to explain what is going
on.

Graham