Acm wrote:
> I am working with SQLAlchemy 0.4.5
>
> I have this table definition:
>
> table1_def = Table('mytablename', metadata, schema='myschemaname',
> autoload=True)
>
> Now I would like a view on this table such that I only load the
> records where column1 = 0.
>
> I would like to define my view something as
>
> view_table1_def = Table('mytablename', metadata,
> schema='myschemaname', autoload=True, where(column1 = 0))
>
> How can I define the view for table1 to load only data for a certain
> condition?

You just create a selectable and then can it use like a table object in
SQLAlchemy. Like this.

-- Gerhard

from sqlalchemy import *

engine = create_engine("sqlite:///:memory:")
metadata = MetaData(engine)

user = Table("person", metadata,
     Column("person_id", Integer, primary_key=True),
     Column("firstname", String(20), nullable=False),
     Column("age", Integer, nullable=False),
)

metadata.create_all()
user.insert().execute(firstname="Gerhard", age=31)
user.insert().execute(firstname="Lara", age=47)
user.insert().execute(firstname="Benny", age=13)

adults = user.select(user.c.age >= 18)

print adults.select().execute().fetchall()