On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've created a single table inheritance hierarchy where SpecialThing
> inherits from BasicThing.
>
> When I session.query(BasicThing).count() the correct count is
> returned,
> but session.query(SpecialThing).count() returns the count for
> BasicThing. In other words, when issuing .count() the 'WHERE
> discriminatorfield='something' clause disappears from the query.

thats probably a bug.    the main "compile_context" routine contains
an extra bit of logic to do the "where discriminator" clause and this
logic is not currently present in count().    As a workaround, you can
add the filter() criterion manually.  It would be of great help if you
could attach this test case to a trac ticket (just login as guest/
guest).