Hi,

I am running into problems with bind parameter names and Oracle.
Oracle is picky about bind parameter names, any reserved word as a
bind parameter name is right out. You'll get an ORA-01745 error:
"invalid host/bind variable name" if you use :to, :from or :user, for
example. There is a way around this, you can escape the parameter
name:

  http://www.edhanced.com/ask-mred/?q=node/view/182

Unfortunately, sqlalchemy does not escape reserved words used as bind
parameter names, even though it does escape them if used as
identifiers.

My questions:

1/ Should sqlalchemy escape these? Or would it be the responsibility
of cx_Oracle to do this?

2/ If sqlalchemy should, where would such escaping happen?
IdentifierPreparer doesn't appear to offer a method for this (yet).

3/ Is there a workaround for sqlalchemy 0.4.5, such as specifying an
alternative bindparam() for a given column? I didn't find one yet, but
I haven't searched that hard yet either.

Thanks,

Martijn Pieters