something like:
 - clean _all_ your refs to SA stuff like tables, mappers etc
 - sqlalchemy.orm.clear_mappers()
 - metadata.drop_all()
 - dbengine.dispose()

plus eventualy
 del x._instance_key
 del x._state
for all instances that are still around, and u want them resued in
another db/mapping/...

plus each db-dialect has its own way of removing/recreating a db (e.g.
delete the file for sqlite, or dropdb xxx fos postgres etc).

see dbcook.usage.sa_manager (methods destroy() and
detach_instances() ) and dbcook.usage.sa_engine_defs, various
recreate()s

ciao