On Apr 25, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Ting Zhou wrote:

> Thank you. This is what I am doing at the moment. I am hoping it can
> be
> done more pythonically.

locking tables is a coarse grained action that can lead to deadlocks.
Finer grained row locking is available using SELECT...FOR UPDATE which
the ORM supports directly using
query.with_lockmode(<"read"|"update">), and select() supports using
the "for_update" keyword argument: select([cols],
for_update=<True|"read">)