Hi all,

I'm cross-posting this from the turbogears group just in-case anyone
here has any insights - thanks in advance.

We're building an application on TG 1.0.2 using SQLAlchemy 0.3.11 are
are busy considering our options wrt multiple customer support. We'd
be hosting the app servers, and there's a low upper-bound to the
traffic they'll be hit with, so we're trying to figure out a way to
support multiple customers on a single app instance.

The problem is that the system is quite complex and there were
limitations which made making our DB schemas multi-customer rather
difficult. This means that we'd basically need to figure out - per
request - which customer we're working with, and load their database
up for the lifetime. An experimental solution exists which hijacks
things like turbogears.database.get_engine and replaces them with a
function which determines the correct engine to be loaded. I'm still
wading through it to try get it up and running again (I'm getting
Visit attached to incorrect session errors atm.)

The question I have is: is this the correct solution (or, at least, on
the right path)? I'd love to hear from anyone else who's tried
something similar and get your experience of the problem.

Thanks,
Bryn