Hi, I have a model with a field called 'name' that is set to be non-
null. When I look at the actual table created in MySQL the field
really does say it cannot be null. However, when I try to set it to
None and commit() the changes, I get a warning printed

/Users/tp/sw/python-extensions/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
SQLAlchemy-0.4.5-py2.5.egg/sqlalchemy/databases/mysql.py:1488:
Warning: Column 'name' cannot be null

But the underlying database IS changed with the field being set to the
empty string ''.

This seems wrong doesn't it? Am I doing something wrong? I'm using
SQLAlchemy 0.4.5 on Mac OS X with MySQL 5.1.

Thanks for any help!