So part of the problem is postgresql is autoincrementing where you do
not want it to do so?  I thought postgresql only autoincrements where
your column is of type 'serial'.   Is that not true?  Or if so, you
could use type 'integer' instead of 'serial'.  There is also the
possibility that the combination of column type 'integer' and
'nullable=False" is handled as identical to 'serial', i.e.
autoincrement.  I think I've seen that before but I'm not sure.