On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Yannick Gingras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> TkNeo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hello Tarun,
>
>> This is my first encounter with sqlalchemy. I am trying to connect to
>> an MS SQL server 2000 that is not on local  host. I want to connect
>> using Integrated Security and not use a specific username and
>> password. Can anyone tell me the format of the connection string ?
>
> I don't know about Integrated Security but we use alchemy to connect
> to a MSSQL from a GNU/Linux box and it works really well.  We use Unix
> ODBC with TDS with the DSN registered with the local ODBC.
>
> Take a look at
>
> http://www.lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears#head-4a47fe38beac67d9d03e49c4975cfc3dd165fa31
>
> My obdb.ini looks like
>
>  [JDED]
>  Driver          = TDS
>  Trace           = No
>  Server          = 192.168.33.53
>  Port            = 1433
>
> and my alchemy connection string is
>
>  mssql://user:pass@/?dsn=JDED&scope_identity=1

Not sure what platform you are using but on linux I use:
e = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql://user:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]:1433/database?driver=TDS&odbc_options='TDS_Version=8.0'")
but you need sa 0.4.6.

on windows you can use:
e = sqlalchemy.create_engine('mssql://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:1433/database')

Lucas