Carlos Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Jim Steil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access data on an AS/400 through
>> SQLAlchemy?
>>
>>    -Jim
>>

> I'm connecting to an AS/400 using pyodbc, so I am sure that I can do
> it through SQLAlchemy.  If I have a chances to test it, I'll post my
> success.  But if you get an ODBC connection set up, the re should be
> no problem.

I use pyodbc now to connect to the 400 as well.  But, have not dove in
to SQLAlchemy yet as I thought I read somewhere that access to the
AS/400 was not supported.  I currently use SQLObject for my data access
for non-AS/400 work, but I don't believe there is any intention of
supporting the 400 there.  I guess I'm looking for a compelling reason
to move in that direction but wanted to know that it works before I
start trying it out.

I'm curious to see whether or not it works for you.  Thanks.

    -Jim