On May 19, 3:35 pm, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if youre looking to work at the statement interception level, we do
> have an API for that, called ProxyConnection, available in 0.5 under
> lib/sqlalchemy/interfaces.py.  It seems like this would be required
> since you'd like to make decisions based on direct SQL execution.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

> not sure how you'd do things like "only write tables out every 10
> minutes" riding underneath the ORM session though, if you mean to be
> intercepting its attempts to write rows and then delay that.    That
> sounds like something that would ride on *top* of the ORM.

Yeah, can do it on top, but for various reasons I was hoping there was
some sort of interface that would let me interpose code before inserts
were executed and then I could grab the insert and queue it for later
rather than have it execute now. Sounds like the ProxyConnection may
let me do this.