> The SQL works in our SQL analyzer with or without the named parameter
> and with the semicolon. We tried it the way you mentioned too, using
> positional parameters, and got the same error. I apologize for
> forgetting to mention that in my first post.

Then perhaps you're not connected to the correct database, or it's a
permissions issue? The way you're using the DB connection directly,
SQLAlchemy is not issuing any SQL of it's own: it's a straight pass-through.

Positional parameters work with pymssql, so I assume you're using pyodbc,
correct? I haven't tried calling a stored procedure using pyodbc, anybody on
the list have that working?

> Any other ideas? I'll look into the OUT parameter that Bayer mentions
> in his post.

Well if IN parameters don't work, OUT parameters probably aren't going to
work either. If you're using pyodbc, I would try bringing the issue up on
the pyodbc list. You're pretty much using the DB-API cursor directly, so
it's not interference from SQLA.....